Rear bumper brackets

I'm making a bumper for my 90 MJ. The stock bumper brackets bolt to the side and bottom of the "framerail"

There is just a single bolt holding it to the bottom of the framerail. With four holding it to the side. I will have a reciever hitch in the bumper. So there will be some towing with it. Is it nessesary to have that bolt? It would make my brackets much easier if I didnt need it.

I have a Putnam Class III hitch, an unknown brand Class II tube bumper with integrated 2" receiver, and an aftermarket Fey step bumper that's rated for towing (not sure if it's Class I or Class II). None of them use the bottom bolt. All bolt to the sides of the frame rails only.

i have a long bed truck and am in the process of building a hitch that will be the basis for the bumper lateron. i cut up part of the stock bracket. I am also using a second hole on the bottom side that is closer to the shackle mount. So in total, I'm using two on the bottom side and 4 on the side.

kinda sucks getting the nut started on that second bolt, but i figure once its on for good, i won't be taking it off.

i should be done with it this week, ill take some pics lateron.