MJ/2 Door XJ Bucket Seat Tilt Repair How-To

I was looking around online and found this wright up on how to repair the 2 door xj/mj bucket seat tilt.

my bucket seats are both busted in this way so now i can tear them down and hopefully repair them.

Hope this will help out someone else also.

http://4x4xplor.com/xj-seat-tilt.html

Jonathan

Edit: Updated the title to be a little more descriptive.

I was looking around online and found this wright up on how to repair the 2 door xj/mj bucket seat tilt.

my bucket seats are both busted in this way so now i can tear them down and hopefully repair them.

Hope this will help out someone else also.

http://4x4xplor.com/xj-seat-tilt.html

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathon. I had that link previously but lost it when my hard drive crashed.

if your seats are broken in the tip-forward location, there is one very simple solution...

get a screwdriver, hold latch up, reach around the seat and use screwdriver to move the latch.

then, you need to look around the seat back's bottom edge for a small hole..you can trace the cable for the latch back and see where the cable's outside is mounted to, the hole is located right there as that mount is punched out from the seat frame at the factory.

take the screwdriver (big one), and pry backwards on this "mount" via the hole. that bends back the mount to where it should be, and your seat tilt mechanism will work correctly

Darn! I was hoping that this thread title referred to the seat "tilt" problem that I have:

The outer edge of my driver's seat near the door tilts down toward the floor, about three inches lower than it should be. I assume it's because the inner frame has broken (as I had a similar problem in one of the Recaros in my Tii, and we had to re-weld it when we took the seat apart for reupholstery).

Problem is, I don't think that the MJ bucket seats are worth that much effort. So I guess I just find another seat, or replace both with some aftermarket seats.