Angora Lake fire in South Lake Tahoe

ORCA

You may or may not have heard about this:

http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/in ... ent_id=184

This fire has been declared a state of emergency in California. 2,700 acres, over 150 homes, and 40 other buildings have already burned. The fire is currently 40% contained right now. Thank goodness no one has been injured or lost a life yet! :cheers:

I've been busy for the past two days trying to keep my (rented) home standing. On the day of the fire (Sunday) winds were pushing towards my neighborhood which is right behind the local high school here in town. Between 2 and 4 am yesterday morning was the worst. Trees were literally exploding into massive fire balls about a mile away from our house (pretty awesome sight!) and the night sky was completley glowing a dark crimson red. Today is much better and i'm finally able to unpack the truck and turn off the sprinkler systems :roll:

I know a few people here in town who have lost everything and i'll be volunteering at the evacuation center to help them out. I suppose this isn't the worst tragedy to strike, but there was lots and lots of beautiful scenery and homes that burned to the ground in a matter of moments. Worst part about it is that a human being is responsible for starting the whole damn thing. :nuts:

Thanks for reading. I'll get some random pictures i was able to take while we were frantically running around.

Yea.......I seen this on ABC news this morning, strange that all that was standing were the fireplaces/ chimneys of the houses :eek:

Glad to hear that the worst bi-pass your place.

That's one thing I would not want to experance.

Good luck with your efforts :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you are holding up out there, my friends live about six blocks away from the fire, but they evacuated and went to another friends place on North Shore! She told my wife the winds are really kicking in hard today, we are saying a prayer for all of you out there.