Fuel Pump and FSU

The sending unit is definitely NOT the same. The 87-90 version has an ohm range of 0 thru 88. The 91+ sender has a range of 105 thru 5 (that's right, the polarity is reversed as well as the range being slightly different).

The sending unit is definitely NOT the same. The 87-90 version has an ohm range of 0 thru 88. The 91+ sender has a range of 105 thru 5 (that's right, the polarity is reversed as well as the range being slightly different).

Roger - missed that. But the pumps carry the same Bosch p/n.

Roger - missed that. But the pumps carry the same Bosch p/n.

That might very well be, although the HO engine I think runs at a different fuel pressure. Maybe they just use the regulator to control that. The fuel pump itself and the fuel level sending unit are two individual parts, but a lot of places either don't know that or don't tell you when you're ordering.

so there is the possiblility that I might be able to get away with using the fuel pump? just not the sending unit... is there a way that I woiuld be able to adjust the pressure being sent.. maybe a screw of some sort?

If your gas gauge is operating correctly you prolly do not need the sending unit. I did not. But if I remember correctly, the NAPA Bosch units come with the filter and of course new O-rings. If you do not have an aftermarket adjustable regulator, like Hesco's, you have the fixed pressure regulator and can not adjust the pressure. But again, this is for HO's; not familiar with 1990 and below.

yeah I'm just basically wondering if I should put the old pump back in (it's still in the tank and untouched along with the sending unit) the gas gauge works fine, but I want to make sure that I'm not putting a garbage pump back in this truck sat for quite sometime without being run.. the pump does provide pressure to the fuel rail but don't know if it's the right pressure, and I don't know how to check it either... I just don't want to slap this tank back on and find out I'll have problems later on down the road.. and I don't want to replace it unless I really have too