Steering Column Key Lock Warning Buzzer Clip

Inside the 1992 Saginaw tilt steering column, below the turn signal assembly, there is a white nylon bar with 2 copper flat short metal bars attached to that near the ignition lock switch assembly,  the  function of it is to activate the lock warning buzzer, if I leave that out will the buzzer just remain silent, or will it buzz all the time ?

Thar's the key-in-ignition chime. It activates the chime module if the key is in (obviously) when you open the door. W/o the link activated by the ignition switch, it won't do anything.

And keep the chime (buzzer) module. It's saved my bacon a few times when I left the headlamps on. 

Thank You fellows. The reason I asked was below my device the clip spring is broken, Jeep dealer and Chevy GM dealership says item is discontinued. I will go to the pull apart junkyard and try to get that spring tomorrow. My ignition lock cylinder fell apart yesterday and I was replacing the lock cylinder with a new one and discovered that issue, and also the torm screw/bolt that holds the lock cylinder in place was missing, so pull a part here I come. I will get it all back together tomorrow I hope, its all apart tonight.