Injector trouble

fired up my truck this morning to warm it up for work and noticed something leaking from the engine. popped the hood and saw fuel spraying from no. 5 injector. turned engine off and started it again, no spraying. went to work and came home to put new o-rings on injectors. before doing so i ran the engine to see if it was still spraying. no spray but small leak from no. 6 injector. installed new o-rings and when all put back together no. 6 injector was still leaking but this time onto the exhaust manifold and making lots of smoke, so i killed the engine for obvious reasons. frustrated and not knowing what else to do i packed up for the night. any suggestions? i need my truck for work and can't afford to take it to a shop. thanks in advance.

Pay some attention to cleaning the injector ports in the fuel rail and the intake manifold.  They not only get dirty over the years but they corrode making a bad o-ring seal especially if you replace o-rings.  Don't use anything that will increase the size of the port only something that will remove the grime or you will have bigger leaking problems.  I've tried degreaser, vinegar and a fiber type brush on a Dremel type tool with some success.  Don't forget to clean the o-ring channel in the fuel injector too.