Anything I should do while I have the gas tank off?

agreed, but remove rust first...wire brushing with a powered tool is preferred for that, then spray it with rust converting/preventative spray can paint, or just the spray and no wire brushing.

then wait a day or two and then undercoat it. the undercoat will stay better, and your truck will thank you

yeah I was thinking about doing that, cause I have the whole box off right now... ohh yeah and every stud/bolt broke off inside the box too.. just my luck... and while my buddie was helping me move the box.. he dropped his side by accident.. and crushed the bedside inwards right around the gas filler... so I wasn't too happy...

But yeah I got a can of simple rust converter.. and some rubberized undercoating.. I was hoping it would do the trick.. cause a can of por-15 here in canada is like $60.. I don't know how much it is down there.. but forget that jazz.. I'm a cheap mofo..

also inregards to the gas tank... I was thinking more along the lines of the pump.. or something else.... but great advice none the less.. thanks

yeah I was thinking about doing that, cause I have the whole box off right now... ohh yeah and every stud/bolt broke off inside the box too.. just my luck... and while my buddie was helping me move the box.. he dropped his side by accident.. and crushed the bedside inwards right around the gas filler... so I wasn't too happy...

But yeah I got a can of simple rust converter.. and some rubberized undercoating.. I was hoping it would do the trick.. cause a can of por-15 here in canada is like $60.. I don't know how much it is down there.. but forget that jazz.. I'm a cheap mofo..

also inregards to the gas tank... I was thinking more along the lines of the pump.. or something else.... but great advice none the less.. thanks

At $70 per spray can of the undercoating here, you will spend at least 45-50 bucks on undercoating. it should be laid on thick in several coats

At $70 per spray can of the undercoating here, you will spend at least 45-50 bucks on undercoating. it should be laid on thick in several coats

$70 bucks for a can of undercoating. :nuts: it is made of gold. i only paid around $8 per can.

inspect the brake lines that run up there, replace if there's any rust. You can't get to them with the tank in.

Yeah .. most of my brake cables are fine.. some scaling in some spots.. but nothing to start worrying about. For the saftey.. all I'm going to do is just clean them up a wee bit and then paint them.. so they look nice... like I said .. I'm cheap.

and the rubberized undercoating here is like $8 bucks as well..

$70 bucks for a can of undercoating. :nuts: it is made of gold. i only paid around $8 per can.

7 bucks is what I meant.