I have been asking around

91mj97tj

Well I am just curious this is an unrelated mj question more of a TJ question so if anyone has a TJ and has done this I would appreciate anything you may have heard.

But anyways 97 and I think to 99 or 00 TJ's have the A/C system routed in a really stupid way at least I think so it is above the alternator. But in the 2001 and later they have it mounted down below the steering pump

Is there any way that you can just get an 01 a/c system and just relocate it? I haven't found anything that could help me online so anyones guesses would be appreciated.

I ain't much help since I took a Sawzall to my TJ's a/c, but I would think as long as the engine blocks are similar & you can source the brackets & hoses, it might be possible. Keep in mind you'll surely have to relocate EVERYTHING else that bolts to the front of the motor as well.

Just curious, why you want to do this? Can't be any more screwed up than all the vacuum lines under the hood of my MJ :roll:

Have you seen where the 97 A/C system is on a TJ? It is like way in the way. Plus for several other bolt on things that I was thinking like many supercharger options it is in the way. Plus it just sucks many people damage the line that runs above the radiator to the a/c. Mine is damage granted I bought this TJ used but it has a bunch of rubbing going on in the aluminum lines. I figure moving it out of the way is the best way and the 2001 TJ has it I think either above the steering pump or below probably above it but you can even see it.

Or as you can see this is what I have http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/belt/belt-1.htm

This is what I want:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/belt/belt-2.htm

Granted 98 TJ and mine are the same 4.0 with a/c

and the 2004 is the same range I am looking for.