To all that share the love - hate Jeep relationship!!

Been a member for awhile, never had to post anything that isn't already here. What can I say- except that this Club is AWESOME!! And that I would like to buy a round for everyone that is part of this elite organization! image_209027.gif My most recent hurdle I'm tryin' to overcome is what I thought was an electrical prob.,well it still is but I believe it's all due to the notorious leaky clutch MC. I took care of that and replaced the MC, I also sprayed the livin crap out the fuse block w\some contact cleaner, replaced all fuses. Now I can't use turn signals or it blows fuse and cuts out my tail lights and dash lights. I can't use my hazard flashers cuz my headlights will flash with hazards, which kinda really sucks on the night drive. And 1 more thing my chime module sounds like a muzzled wounded duck or something like that. I'm gonna go mess around with some more , any suggestions from any of ya's would be much appreciated! :cheers:

Those are some kooky gremlins!

Worst I had was turning my headlights on would turn my radio off :roll:

There was a thread on this very recently. I did the same thing as you...I just replaced the MC and pulled all the fuses and flashers, sprayed the heck out of the box with contact cleaners and a brass brush, dried it all off, new fuses/flashers and....the radio worked fine but no headlights at all. :nuts:

Took it to my mech and he traced the problem to a bad power wire grounding out up front underneath the radiator, entirely unrelated to the fuse block. Yours sounds quite a bit more funky than mine though...I've been told that replacing the fuse block is a very tedious wire by wire operation, but may be a last resort.

Try pulling the chime module out. These modules can cause all kinds of wierd electrical problems when they go belly up. I had one go bad that caused the dash lights to go, the turn signals flashed one of the headlights, and other problems. Worth a shot......... :brows:

Start by cleaning all the connections where the bulbs go in. All of them.

Next, pull off your grill and you'll see a wiring harness for the front end lights. Make sure that this harness isn't smashed at all, as often these trucks end up in front end collisions where these vulnerable wires get harmed.

Third, pull off your driver's side taillight and make sure the ground behind it is Real clean.

Those 3 things can cause all sorts of gremlins throughout your system.

Not to talk down to you, but you're using the proper amperage fuse, right?

And junk the chimer. It's just there to annoy you while you're working on your truck.

When I turn on the headlights, my right turn indicator goes on. But the indicator also works just fine when I use the turn signal.

This was one symptom of a gremlin that about drove me nucking futz. It turned out that the PO had crammed a single element bulb into the 2 element (1157) socket in the rear. The single contact would sometimes short the running light circuit to the turn / brake / hazard circuit, and, sometimes not. :headpop:

When I turn on the headlights, my right turn indicator goes on. But the indicator also works just fine when I use the turn signal.

This was one symptom of a gremlin that about drove me nucking futz. It turned out that the PO had crammed a single element bulb into the 2 element (1157) socket in the rear. The single contact would sometimes short the running light circuit to the turn / brake / hazard circuit, and, sometimes not. :headpop:

WOW! Thanks for the tip. That never would have occurred to me. I'll check it out.

I would clean and check your battery ground, and the engine to firewall ground strap. I just threw ours away and put in a heavy duty ground cable in place of the POS weaved one. Bad grounds can contribute to weird little gremlins too. My oil pressure pegged out when i turned another power source on (headlights). After cleaning the firewall ground it no longer malfunctioned :nuts: !

I would clean and check your battery ground, and the engine to firewall ground strap. I just threw ours away and put in a heavy duty ground cable in place of the POS weaved one. Bad grounds can contribute to weird little gremlins too. My oil pressure pegged out when i turned another power source on (headlights). After cleaning the firewall ground it no longer malfunctioned :nuts: !

I'll add a hearty +1 to this. I had all kinds of gremlins on my 2002Tii and the block-to-frame strap seemed to check out just fine, but we fabbed an extra ground strap anyway and all was good.