brake booster

my booster off a 88 mjhttp://

another pic

a pic of ? a 94 dual brake booster? did i get one with abs? also, the master cylinder is too high, i was hoping for a lower one. any help sorting this out is appreciated.

:popcorn

i've read different fact sheets, all of them mention 95,96, and a few mention 94. i have the same ?

Dakal;

Definitely not a 95/96 booster from an XJ. Is there a part number on it? I can look it up for you.

i have returned the 94 back to jy. madxj says a 95 or 96 xj booster. i'm going to look at it tomorrow. if measurement wrong will look at at a 99wj booster. thanks for the help. will take potatoes. :chillin:

i have returned the 94 back to jy. madxj says a 95 or 96 xj booster. i'm going to look at it tomorrow. if measurement wrong will look at at a 99wj booster. thanks for the help. will take potatoes. :chillin:

Yes, the 95/96 booster/master is basically a bolt-in. If you pull it yourself, be sure to get the 1/4" aluminum firewall spacer plate, the prop valve w. the brake lines intact if possible (you can reuse the flare nuts) and the brake pedal assembly. Then you should have no problemos mounting the booster arm and the travel will be right. How it mounts varies if it's ABS or not, and of course auto or manual tranny. I got all this stuff when I swapped mine out, but did not the pedal assembly and resold it on Ebay.

Thought I made that clear - no, I did not need it. The booster rod aligned perfectly on my pedal. But since your rig is pre-HO, I think you will need it. Check the threads on NAXJA, most everyone with 90 models and below needed the pedal assembly to prevent drilling, fabbing a mounting stud, re-wiring the brake switch, etc. Not a big deal, but I like to do things the easiest way. If you get everything from the 95/96 XJ associated with the booster and rod, it makes it easier.