89 to 91 wiring difference???

Pluged the under hood wiring harness into the balkhead plug on the 89 inside harness in hopes that we would not have to pull the inside harness and replace it.

Well nothing works and have no power inside the cab, not even the lights or radio :cry: So I take it must be a different pin layout. Anyway around it or will I have to pull the harness :rant:

Thanks,

Kind of thought that was the deal. I did not get the inside wireing harness when I got the engine and engine harness:headpop: Kind of screwed now as most local JY around here price the harness so high so that do not have to mess with it :mad:

Between 90 and 91, Chrysler even reversed the polarity on the gauges (as well as tinkering slightly with the ohm range within which the gauges operate). Unfortunately, at this point you have no choice. You HAVE to get the wiring diagrams for both years and manually trace each circuit.

The other choice (if it isn't too late) would be to completely divorce the engine from the rest of the vehicle. Remember, Chrysler used to sell an EFI conversion for the 4.2L/258 carburetted engine in the early Wranglers. All that conversion was, was the injection, ignition and ECU from a 94 or 95 injected Wrangler packaged with a replacement intake manifold. You can make the engine run stand-alone and not muck around with the chassis wiring.