1990 pioneer 4.0 rebuild

Well gents I bought my MJ about a year ago and started noticing a few things that needed work. So I started in on those and found a large list of things that the PO screwed up, and so began my rebuild. And it all started with a/c repair haha. Will be posting some pictures here shortly, as soon as I can work out exactly how

Well here she is, my MJ long box. It's a bit rough around the edges but all in all not in bad shape. I think the farthest north it has been is South Carolina according to the PO so minimal rust which is always good.

Awesome, love column shift.

Those mirrors or huge!

Awesome, love column shift.

Those mirrors or huge!

Yeah haha the PO was going to try and tow his boat with it . So he screwed those ugly things in there and glued plastic plates over the OEM mirror spots

How did you realize it was a JY swap?

I also found out, much to my dismay that the motor that is in the truck is not the original motor, it is a motor from a junk yard. This wouldn't be so irritating had the PO not lied to me and told me it was original. but I guess at this point it doesn't matter because I'm not trying to factory reset the truck or anything.

Well for one thing the serial numbers on the block don't match the catalyst and two it had been spray painted with white paint to mark it at the yard. I don't recall what it said now. But the block had caked on oil when I bought it because of some significant leaks so the writing was covered. And now as I was cleaning it off, I found it

• 6 months later...

So it has been some time since I posted here last and a lot has happened so I'm going to try to catch up!

So I got my block and head back from the machine shop and started the process of putting it all back together.

My new pistons and rod bearing getting ready to go in, I did however reuse my rods as, looking them over all being in good shape I saw no reason to spend the extra 500 dollars or so.

I went ahead and had the crank micropolished while my block got decked and bored just to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Side note I went .030 over in the cylinders I think I forgot to mention that earlier.

Also reused my main caps. The machine shop "lost" one in their mess of a shop. Luckily they mostly deal with performance imports, not a ton of cast iron laying around elsewhere.

Got A few goodies in,

Also bought a new evaporator core and heater core. As you can see in the pictures the new one is slightly different than factory. Because of this I had to make some slight modifications to the air box because of the orientation of the tubes in the new evaporator core