Sometime she starts and sometime she don't

Here is my question

I've have a 96 cherokee and i get it to start with a jump then she runs all day long like nothing ever happened take here to adavance to see if the battery is okay and right on the money everthing works... good amps & even on load. take it go to the store and quess what no start :mad: all the lights but not even a click its like she lost power or have an open circuit some where. just going to take the battery out the way she is right

amd have them check it again and start there.

any thoughts

check wire connections, clean them at the battery, the ground, AND the starter. then try. if that doesn't work, check and clean the wires to the starter relay, don't mix them up. if it doesn't click then, then you have a bad relay. if you replace that and it clicks but doesn't start, then you have a bad battery wire to the starter. if no dice there, it's the starter gone bad.

First I should put this into the Tech section :nuts: don’t know what I was thinking anyway that is the processing I am working through as I write this. I suspect that the solenoid may have gone bad since the Battery checks it good and the wires look good as well terminals & connections are clean it is good jamminz.gif to have a sanity check from time to time :brows: Thanks for your support and will post results

mine would dothat. i would not try to start, but the radio would work etc. the neutral/park safety switch was the culprit. i would shift the jeep into drive and back to park then it woulkd start fine. only happended a couple times.

mine would dothat. i would not try to start, but the radio would work etc. the neutral/park safety switch was the culprit. i would shift the jeep into drive and back to park then it woulkd start fine. only happended a couple times.
:agree:

i forgot to ask if it is an auto...if it is, then that is likely the culprit...do your backup lights work? put the key in the on position and then shift it into reverse, and get out and look see if they come on...if not, it's a neutral safety switch. mind you, do that test on flat ground...

well i am going to need some time but do agree with the assessment from the team ComancheClub i have found that the retainer has been lose like not even hand tight. But did find a write up on how to rebuild these things from this web portal "http://www.lunghd.com/" so when the time is right that will be on my list to do in the short term. thanks for moving this into the right spot jamminz.gif

jamminz.gif yes she does like nothing ever happened. I may go to the pick and pull and see what i can scrounge around so that i can have a plug & play set for the 89 & 96 XJ which are auto's. :brows: and don't have to worry bout my favorite MJ its a 5 spd.