hey i just had a couple questions about your rig

i was thinkin about getting some of the 34x9.5 tsl but I'm not sure if i have the clearance. what lift height are you at and also how do u like the tires are they decent in the mud and rocks?? I'm not reall familiar with how a skinny tire performs

a skinny tire will do better in snow and stuff. i also like the look of skinny tires.

i have 6.5'' rustys spring on my xj and i stuff my 33x10.5 a/t's very nice front and rear. with more fender trimming i could do 35's.

I honestly have no idea how much lift I have. The coils are VERY used, and have been around my club more then a few times. I would imagine they are betwen 5"-6". I have not trimmed anything from the fenders..and don't really have clearance issues...only when turning, the tires rub on the spash guard. Once everything is bumpstopped, I should have NO issues. The tires are thin enough that they tuck into the fenders nicley.

You can see what I mean there. The front will be trimmed about an inch up, and I don't plan to use fender flares. I think that if I trimmed the front and rear, I could fit 35"s or maybe 36"s with this lift.

I love the look of skinny tires, and have seen them perform very well. I have not really taken these tires on any trails yet, only on my neighbor's rock pile. The side lugs are HUGE, and will have insane grip. Skinny tires are able to dig down and get traction where a wider tire would float over stuff. I'll have some wheeling pics starting in July when it goes on the road. 87Manche also has these tires, but at 3", and he likes them a lot. Maybe he will chime in on performance.

And tomorrow I will measure identical places between the MJ and the XJ to see how much front lift I have.

:waving:

I agree...we should have a Comanche outing. Are you a member of any local clubs? I've joined New England Jeepz. Mitch is a member also...check it out if you are looking for a club. :)

no I'm not really a member of any official clubs. me and my buddies have kinda started one of our own. we have a pretty nice wheelin spot out here called coy hill so we are the "coy hill crawlers" we have bumper stickers so maybe that makes us official, I'm not sure ;)

Word around the forums is Coy is CLOSED and you will get a HEAVY fine if you are found out there. I'd prefer to stay away from there for a little while until I know exactly whats going on. Nice place though, I have been there a few times.

Could you possibly provide a little insight as to what is happening? We were talking about it at a trail cut yeterday. Thanks

AND I forgot to measure the MJ...tomorrow when its on all 4 tires again.

ive heard the same thing actually and i think the rumors may have some truth to them. i have a buddy i ride dirtbikes with whos brother s an EPA officer and thats my source for the information. basically we owe it all to a bunch of @$$ clowns who go up there and dump tv's,couches,computers, all sorts of $#!+ me and a few other people are going to try and organize a coy hill cleanup day to try and stop things from happening but who knows. it would suck if it closed. i live like 5 minutes from it and have spent many a friday night up there just havin a good time. hopefully we can try and keep it open.

one thing i did hear is that coys is not closed right now but as soon as there is one landowner complaint it will be completely shut down. i have a number of friends that have been wheelin up there with no problems as of yet.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the garbage. Theres a couch, fridge, and PC a ways down from the Lucy Stone house.

ATVs and dirtbikes are very loud..and when there is a group of them, I can't blame the neighoring people. Hopefully things will turn out well, we can't afford to lose another public place like Coy that is both stocker and built Jeep friendly.

i agree with your statement about the bikes and atv's which is why i ride a 4 stroke but the weird thing is there is no problem with the bikes or quads. my buddy got his atv impounded for riding on the road and the epa officer said to ride on coy hill. its really the trucks people hate and honestly since i started riding dirtbikes coy hill has changed drastically the trails went from just wide enough for a quad to wide enough for a semi trailer. i know we are all to blame for some of it but it has gotten out of hand. if your familiar with the part of coys called the "playground" which used to be just a dirt area with some cool rock formations you can climb it has now transformed into a huge mud pit that swallowed by buddys chevy k30 on 35's. you can no longer wheel a stock truck through this area. i think alot of our problems would go away if we waited a little longer to start wheelin. early in the spring is when most of the trail damage is done.

34x9.50s TOO skinney IMO. I had 32x9.50s on 15x7s and thought they were even too skinney, I can't imagine the 34. Mine were popping off the bead at 12psi.

One advantage that I did notice, on the skinney TSLs the tread is super super deep for some reason and they dig like all hell.

I'd go with the 34x10.50 LTB, they are actually smaller than the 33x12.50 for some reason. The LTB is a nice narrow tire, but not too narrow.

For the guys wanting a little bigger narrow meat, the Q78 is a 35.5x11.50

and its a digger too.

I wanted the Q78s, but they are almost 36" tall, and without the funds for gearing this summer, they were not an option. I settled for these tires, and am glad I did. They are on 15x7s, and should perform well on the trail.

commancheman join a club and read on NEA's website... if you and your buddies are trying to do some sort of clean up, this would be the best way to go about it and get a good turn out... I havent looked recently on NEA's website but I know there is constant talk on COY HILL and there already may be something planned that you and your buddies could take part in.

:cheers:

me and a few other people are going to try and organize a coy hill cleanup day to try and stop things from happening but who knows. it would suck if it closed. i live like 5 minutes from it and have spent many a friday night up there just havin a good time. hopefully we can try and keep it open

The county club here does a clean-up of a place that's less than 10 min from me. It happens every year at about the same time, and I always help out, even though I'm not part of the club. The community watches heavily, and four wheeling is praised during the time of the clean-up. It's a great thing.

comancheman- I measured for you today, and it seems that I have about 6.5"-7" of lift :eek:. Much more then I expected! The springs on there are Skyjacker, and have been on just about every Jeep in my club.