My first MJ, second Jeep

i also have an 86 2.5l MJ and i really wanna do a 4.0 swap, if i bought a donor xj off craigslist for a good price what else would i need to buy? i am on a highschool budget, and for my senior year we have to do a big 80 hour project and this is what i want to do, which will be over the summer!

So basically what I want to know is how much more challenging is a 4.0 swap on an 86, and what else will i need to buy besides the donor cherokee and gaskets?

Well I don't have a huge build thread on it but have some picts..BlackBeast in search will show you a little.. I took 14 inches out of bed if I remember right...it was a long bed and made it shorted length...so got long wheelbase! It was alot of welding and bodywork but turned out very well.u need any advice when it's time let me no and I can help ya out some perhaps!

Well I don't have a huge build thread on it but have some picts..BlackBeast in search will show you a little.. I took 14 inches out of bed if I remember right...it was a long bed and made it shorted length...so got long wheelbase! It was alot of welding and bodywork but turned out very well.u need any advice when it's time let me no and I can help ya out some perhaps!

sounds great! Thanks man, I'll look up the thread.