Synthetic Oil ?

But the oil you can be brand specific.

Def agree with you there. I WILL NOT run Penzoil, and have heard some bad things about Havoline.

One of the parts houses in town's house brand is re-labeled Chevron, but I don't know how common that is, so I'd always ask if I wasn't certain.

I have seen buildup from Quaker State back in the 70's, not sure if they have changed things now or not. But I run Castrol in my 4 cyl, Valvoline in the 6&8's, Mobil 1 when I want Syn in a car, Amsoil in bikes, and Shell Rotala-T in Diesel's :D

If not for so many oil changes (about 120 qts a year) I would just use Mobile 1 or Amsoil. I have been having very good luck with Castrol in my 4cyl and the engine and ports are very clean that I am thinking about going stright Castrol except for the Diesel.

Charles

castrol makes good stuff.

cames from the factory in a lot of top end sports cars.

the camry get's mobil 1 because the yota 5sfe engines have sludge problems that result in oil starvation, and a blown motor.

The $#!&box honda got some walmart synthetic, because I don't care, but I did put a decent filter on it.

the jeep get's whatever cheapest name brand conventional is on sale that week, EXCEPT pennzoil and quaker state, I dislike them.

I know that napa's house brand is made by valvoline, so I'll use that when it's on sale.