how much longer is a lwb than swb?

I know what your asking, and I would have been able to help you out about 7 years ago when I owned both LWB and SWB MJ's. So a measurement along the bottom of the bed from the front of the bed to the fender flare for a SWB is 18", From the front of the bed along the top of the fuel filler door to the fender flare is 23.5". Hope someone can get the measurements for a LWB.

Thanks fore the reply guys.I have a sb. I'm looking fore a mesurement on a lb from bottom of wheel arch to front of the bed, on the fenderflare I need like 20 inches more to fill the gap. Build thread soon got to get to computer first. I'm building body on frame comanche off an 85 power ram. And I need to extended the bed.... or chop the frame. But that's more work lol

I need to know how much longer a lb is from the fender flare forward towed the cab.

Are you asking how much longer is the wheelbase on the Long Bed than the Short Bed?

LWB = 119.9 inches

SWB = 113. inches

119.9 - 113 = 6.9

There's your answer.

A long bed has about 6in more on each side of the axle. You're not going to find 20 extra inches. You could build yourself a skinned fuel transfer tank or a locking trunk between your existing bed and cab if you have 20 inches to fill. Pick up an extra set of doors and you'll have plenty of sheet metal to skin whatever you want without a ton of work.

Two extra doors will cost so much less than an extra bed... Obviously the doors don't go all the way down to the bottom of the bed but if you're doing rock sliders, it's not going to make a difference because you'll cut there anyway. That's how I'd do it if I were you and didn't want to cut the frame in the middle. That always seemed like a giant pain in the @$$, sleeving or doing that band-aid patch thing. I don't know the proper terms but I'm sure you know what I mean.

You could stitch it in to the front of the bed or do like Dodge with the skinned separate piece, which IMO would be loads easier. I can't remember if they actually sold these.

ram-mega-cab-long-hauler-concept-driver-