The Come Back Kid

• 3 weeks later...

Got the d30 swapped in the other day, with some assistance from my brother. Also installed the lift springs while I was at it. Need a track bar, and need to decide on what to do with the steering. Also dropped the tank this afternoon to check how clean it is. Surprisingly after sitting for a few years it is still squeaky clean on the inside, so that will make its way back in this week. Planning on tackling the disc swap on the 8.25 this week as well. Will get some pics up tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Still need to get some pics up. Got it running g decent again. Started on the disc swap, but need to modify one of the mounting holes for the backing plate to fit correctly. Hoping to get a break in the rain and get some work done today.

So finally got some sunshine today, but I feel like garbage. The only progress I made was taking these pictures.

The D30 in place, still need a new track bar and will probably upgrade the steering as well.

RE drop brackets.

New backing plate sort of in place. Still need to modify it a little bit.

Need to make a junkyard run in the near future. Have some little odds and ends to grab, and will most likely grab a new style valve cover to hopefully cure some of my oily motor issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brushing the dust off a bit.  Haven't touched it in weeks, but havebeen spending most of the time buying our 2nd house.  Best part about it is the huge garage the MJ will be moving into, so hoping once we're moved in next week the progress will speed up on this thing.