97+ door help

I got a set of newer doors for my MJ, the only problem is they are full power and mine are all manual. I know the locks will not matter as the still have the manual slides, but how would I go about wiring the windows, or should I look for another set?

I got a set of newer doors for my MJ, the only problem is they are full power and mine are all manual. I know the locks will not matter as the still have the manual slides, but how would I go about wiring the windows, or should I look for another set?

I will look on alldata after work tomorrow night and get the wiring diagrams for you. just sit tight..i can give you EXACTLY what you need.

what I need is the exact year of the cherokee the doors are off of. I would hook up the power locks as well, seeing as you have to run power to them anyways.

like i said, sit tight. lemme kno the year and i'll check into it tomorrow round 7pm

I have been looking at doing the same thing so I'm eagerly awaiting the wiring diagram as well. Do the windows and door require additional relays?

I know my fuse panel has the terminals for everything including the rear window wiper on the cherokee.

I'm looking for a set of 97+ doors as well. I want to put them on before I get all the body work done on my truck.

I have seen the wire harnesses for sale on ebay fairly cheap.

these are 98 diagrams...should be the same through all the 97 plus.

you can see the "wires" and their colors...

two toned wires (striped) such as PK/BLK for example, are pink wires with a black stripe. it's fairly simple...save the images, view them expand them to see better if need be, and you can see which wires are which.

you should have a relay or at least a fuse. run power from the relay/fuse throught the driver's side door and then crossover the wires to meet their corresponding wires in the rear. using the diagram, you can figure out which ones you need, and which ones you should shrink tube the ends of (rear door wires). fairly straightforward, enjoy.

p.s. i also have the front light diagrams...i just have to upload them to picturetrail.

you seemed interested so i did this tonite

I installed XJ Laredo Doors on my Last MJ, you do want a relay to power the options. I ran it off a hot wire, wanted to be able to adjust the windows even when the truck was off.

Big thing I see about using the newer doors is the latch post is different. You need to use a post off a 97up Cherokee. This will require some welding.

For my MJ, think I will go with Laredo/Limited doors off and older XJ, then do the front grill swap to a newer unit.

if you go over the wiring diagrams that I offered, you will note which color wires do what...you simply have to read it. run the power to the driver's side, and match up the colored wires between the driver's side and passenger side. there is a connector for the rear doors...which you won't need.

but everything you need to know is in those diagrams

Thanks for the diagrams. Now to teach myslef how to red them and to wire it all in, lol

to read them, look for the main components you'd need...you don't have a control module, so what you're looking for would be power wires (Tan and Red), grounds (black most likely), and then crossover wires. so to be simple, get a relay for the battery plus power (red) and that will be always hot for the locks, and a relay for the accessory power (tan) so that will be only ignition on and running so that your windows can only work when the key is on.

then you need to do paint by numbers and see if the wires match going accross...if not, then you will need to look more in-depth at the diagram and figure out what wires go to or from what (self-explanatory in the diagram, just take your time).

remember, the 98's had keyless entry OR a simple body control module. so there will be unused wires as you won't have the body control module.

I'll tell you right now, it's easier to get the whole system than to do what you're doing...i.e. if you can still go back and pull up the carpet and seperate out the connectors and wiring and control box for the doors, do it because you could even get keyless entry then.

The door install is pretty straight forward, mounts the same just change the the door post latch but my dad was telling me that I would need to power the circuit through a relay. So thanks for providing the diagram now all I need is to go and get a couple nice doors from a 97+ XJ then I will be able to use the drive thru windows without hitting my hand on the non functional vent window.