Project Katrina

Step on over to the DIY section to see my luggage rack. I was able to snag a 99+ intake/throttle body, and will be installing along with the APN header when it ships. Snagged a soundbar as well. Made a pathetic first attempt to reupholster it. I'll post pics when it's mounted behind the seats and doesn't look so terrible :doh: 

Here is a pic of the rack though....

Soon to come...

:banana:

Some variation of this and the luggage rack..

• 2 weeks later...

Front is on, but temporary. I was missing some mount points for the header panel so I had to improvise to get me through a few days.

This will have limb risers resting on it. I decided to bedline it in hopes of mitigating damage.

Probably my favorite progress so far, along with the paint.

Wade made me the replacement bracket for my missing one. So glad I went with him. Probaby would have taken me a couple days to get it made, he had it done the next day. Top notch quality. Perfect fit.

Obviously have some touching up to do. Bumper looks and fits great.

Pretty much have the cab done, minus some touching up from where there was a peice of tape not pressed down all the way here or there....and a couple chips...

The bottom rockers are different colors because the doros were painted after, and are clean. The others have sanding dust on them. the door handles are going to get resprayed black. I'll be working on the bed soon. The center caps also need the plastidip pealed off, but that will happen this weekend when I put the wheel bearings on.

I also began mounting the limb risers. I have brackets, I have to get the cable and such to rig it up. I should be working on the bed by this weekend I hope!

Yea, actually, our new color is very similar.  Yours looks to be a flat khaki instead of my semi-gloss Dark Taupe, but darn close in shade.  My black accenting is going to be limited to grille, flares, door/tailgate handles and mirrors.    

What is your build goal/direction?  Going for a more dedicated off-road toy or is this kind of a daily driver/ weekend excursion vehicle?   My ultimate goal is to do a diesel swap, 6" lift, and 35's and turn my truck into a trail rig that can pull daily duty.  

• 3 weeks later...

Limb riserrs on. Bed painted. Cherokee buckets installed. Still have to work on the tailgate and rear of cab. And bed. But I was on vacation there week and made some progress.

P.s. drivers seat is power.

Also put on new wheel bearingfs and added the lights to the front bumper.