A couple of questions....

First question, shock bushings.

I need to make this:

Look like this:

I haven't tried anything yet, but I am hoping the steel sleeve will just press out... Something tells me its going to be more of a chore. Anyone got any tips???

SECOND question.

I need some tips of getting a TRE nut off when the tapered shaft spins just spins. I picked up some J series spacers to inhibit the rolling of the TRE's. But I cannot get the nuts off... The studs are just spinning. These are almost brandy new joints too!!

i forget whether or not the tre face upwards or downwards but if the bolt points upward put a floor jack under it. if it faces downward try large channel locks and squeeze it against the knuckle or if u can pry downward on the back of the tre(not the side with the nut) pushing it into the knuckle then try wrenching while applying either downward or upward force whichever is appropriate i can't picture the steering right now

The metal sleeve will push out of the rubber bushing you just need alot of elbow grease. Having a vice mounted to a solid table will definetly help, and I usually use a big C clamp, large deep socket, and something to push the bushing out (old bolt works well) just to get it started, then finish with a hammer and punch.

Cover the whole thing with wd40 before starting :cheers:

As southlake said, the sleeve will push out. So will the bushing if you want. It's somewhat annoying as the rubber compresses while you're pressing it out. It's easiest if you have a large enough vice to put it in a with a large socket on one side and a small one on the other.

If the sleeve is seized to the bushing the whole mess might just pop out.