D44 $200 Or Trade For 8.8 - Nc

HughMann

I got a D44 from a Rodeo. 63" wide with factory 4.78 gears and drum brakes and 6x5.5 bolt pattern.
The axle has all stock isuzu mounting brackets on it and the lower radius arms.

The axle has larger axle shafts than a normal D44 and the pinion yoke is the same size as a D60. It is a thick ring gear so for lockers it would need a 3.73 and down carrier.

Would like to trade for an MJ or XJ d44 or other XJ/MJ width axle like an 8.8 etc.

selling/trading because the axle just doesn't fit my needs for the MJ at this time.

Axle is located in the Clyde/Waynesville/Maggie Valley area. Would prefer local pick up but can drive to Asheville or Franklin, NC if needed.

If you want to see the differences between a normal D44 and the Isuzu D44 here is a thread from pirate about them. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/isuzu/603807-definative-tech-thread-1998-isuzu-rear-dana-44-axle.html

• 1 month later...

To bad your far away. I got an 8.8 ready to go just needs your choice yoke adaptor fresh brake bits (discs etc) and perches. It's geared 3.55 was going to swap it in but I changed my mind. I got it from a MJ build that hit a dead end. It is in the GTA Ontario

To bad your far away. I got an 8.8 ready to go just needs your choice yoke adaptor fresh brake bits (discs etc) and perches. It's geared 3.55 was going to swap it in but I changed my mind. I got it from a MJ build that hit a dead end. It is in the GTA Ontario

that is how it usually goes.  Also the 8.8 is likely 100lbs lighter than the isuzu d44.

Archived