Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

ok i changed the fuel injector o rings but now my feed line the goes into the fuel pressure reg leaks where do i get the o ring for it or just fix leak i have the stock o ring but leaks.

Posted

ok i changed the fuel injector o rings but now my feed line the goes into the fuel pressure reg leaks where do i get the o ring for it or just fix leak i have the stock o ring but leaks.

 

If I'm translating this correctly it sounds like the quick-connector on the fuel rail supply line is leaking? If this is the case, you need this:

 

83502745_6874.jpg

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/fuel-oil-cooler-line-repair-kit-83502745.html

Posted

I use ordinary o-rings from a hardware store they seem to be fuel impervious.  In the old days there was a kit o-ring stuffer but it is not so hard to put the rings in manually.  I have had no problem with leaks doing it this way.  I'd give you the ring dimensions but I don't remember which ones I ended up using from the boat load I started with but there is a common size that is a perfect fit.  Just remember how they came out and check to see that they all came out when you pull out the fuel line.  A curved needle pick will help you push and pull the rings into place.

Posted

If you're buying O-rings from the hardware/auto parts store you'll need 2 per connector PLUS the little plastic spacer.  That's what the connector seal pictured above is...just 2 O-rings and a spacer and the clip*.  The center white part is just packaging.  The little spacer is necessary !  So if you take the connector apart and DIY, save the spacer.   I've never been able to find the spacers anywhere but the junkyard.  Then it just goes together like so...o-ring, spacer, o-ring.   Total cost = $1  

 

*Edit:  I edited this because I forgot about the actual clip.  The clip is also available at the parts store in the HELP! section.  They come in a pack of 4 or 5 for $3.99.  If you go that way buy extra O-rings and do the other fuel connector.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...