stupid fuel rail!!

so i put on a new header the other day buttoned everything up and turned her over......fuel leak(from injector closest to fan), no biggie new o-ring. didn't have time to fix it the other day so i jumped on it when i got out of work today. got everything back together, fuel leak.....great(same injector).

i took it all apart again, same damn o-ring. as i am putting it all together i can see the fuel rail take a chunk out of the SAME o-ring!!!!WTF!!!! :headpop:

anyway, i tried again, same outcome, tossed some tools, cussed alittle, then retreated here for some knowledge.

anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

Thanks

Rich

check for burrs on the injector, the fuel rail (if that's the side that's leaking), and the intake. if you find any rough surface, clean it (small round file or fine sandpaper), but you'll want to try and vacuum it at the same time if it's on the intake side...

check everythin for burrs man, that's all i can think of unless something is out of round and you're now plugging a round peg into a oval hole or something like that...

check for burrs on the injector, the fuel rail (if that's the side that's leaking), and the intake. if you find any rough surface, clean it (small round file or fine sandpaper), but you'll want to try and vacuum it at the same time if it's on the intake side...

check everythin for burrs man, that's all i can think of unless something is out of round and you're now plugging a round peg into a oval hole or something like that...

when filing, use grease to catch the filings and keep them from going into the intake.

After you finish throwing tools and cussing, take a deep breath, muster up all of your patience and check the hole for burr's then apply some grease to the o-rings and the holes and carefully work the injectors back into place. I watched my dad the throw tools the first time he worked on my brother's toyota and my sister's chevy. He said he never had any problems on the jag or porsche when he changed injectors but those two little cars pissed fuel everywhere.

you sure its not the electrical connectors? they like to leak fuel once they get old. both mine and my brothers 4.0s did this

not to be a fool, but.....how do electrical conectors leak fuel??

he's refering to the renix injectors split body. They like to seperate in the middle, between the electrical connector and the nozzle, and leak fuel from the body of the injector itself.

you sure its not the electrical connectors? they like to leak fuel once they get old. both mine and my brothers 4.0s did this

he's refering to the renix injectors split body. They like to seperate in the middle, between the electrical connector and the nozzle, and leak fuel from the body of the injector itself.

thanks 87, sorry jackel, didnt even think to specify what i meant.

youre sittin there like... MY elec connectors don't spew fuel... this kids a mooooronnn hahah. :roll: sorry bout that :chillin:

thanks 87, sorry jackel, didnt even think to specify what i meant.

youre sittin there like... MY elec connectors don't spew fuel... this kids a mooooronnn hahah. :roll: sorry bout that :chillin:

its all good :cheers:

Yes, I've had this happen a couple times too, those sides are real sharp to line up 6 injectors at the same time.

Get another set of o-rings & try again, I think it took 3 tries for me (after the 2 or 3 tries with discovering other bad injectors that still leaked...) to get them all seated w/o any leaks.

put the injectors in first, then place the fuel rail over them...it will require some skillful positioning on your part, but then you don't have the sharp edge. i did it that way on my 3.8 for the EXACT reason of having sharp edges on the intake

put the injectors in first, then place the fuel rail over them...it will require some skillful positioning on your part, but then you don't have the sharp edge. i did it that way on my 3.8 for the EXACT reason of having sharp edges on the intake

if using this method, tape the injectors to a plastic ruler or something. Keeps them all aligned so you can adjust them all with one hand.