Door Locks And Window Problems

I have an 88 Comanche with original power windows and locks . The left window works as it should , the door locks work in the lock position but not the unlock if you wire them directly to a battery they all work correctly with them unhooked from the vehicle Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and fixed it . The regulators and lock actuators are from a 96 60 k mile Cherokee and both switches are nos . Btw how common are factory power windows / power locks in a Comanche as I have not seen any others in my area with them .

Power lock model xjs I know for a fact had two relays in the passenger footwell side panel responsible for power locks. If mjs have those then I suggest checking those. Also the passenger door is the master lock control and drivers is just a slave. Xjs are well known for a slight current loss in the passenger side front door harness which caused problems with all the other locks. The addition of two more relays will solve this issue if you have it. It's a must have if you want keyless entry.

I have an 88 Comanche with original power windows and locks . The left window works as it should , the door locks work in the lock position but not the unlock if you wire them directly to a battery they all work correctly with them unhooked from the vehicle Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and fixed it . The regulators and lock actuators are from a 96 60 k mile Cherokee and both switches are nos .

Are U sure the PW PLs are Factory?  Pics always help

DS window works OK - PS work from master? PS work from PS door switch?

Locks do not unlock from either switch?

WHAT works OK wired to the battery?  Both windows? Both locks?

The setup is simple - Easy to troubleshoot - The door panels probably do not need 2 b removed - can check electrical by loosening the bottom only

The multiple relays are for Lawyer concerns only & not necessary but 1st have to know what works/doesn't work & from what positions to troubleshoot - 

:wrench:

Both the power locks and windows ARE factory ( no holes in the door panels and I've had the panels off and no rivet marks where the manual regulator would have been installed) . I'm the second owner of the truck with only 65k on the speedo . all windows and lock work correctly with a 12v system hooked up the them directly but when plugged in to the vehicles wiring harness the passenger window neither goes up or down from either switch and the door locks lock from either switch but will not lock . As far as pics I normally can post them but being they don't host pics here it's hard for me to do it with my phone .

Well, I was hoping this would b a 1st this & then that thing - - - - - It's been 5yr since I bought PW PL factory everything from a 2 door XJ 4 my since sold 87 - - Can't find my FSM - #1 son usual culprit - - Anyway, IIRC lock relay was behind PS kickplate & windows relay was below r 2 the side of under dash fuse panel - - - - - - I'm stumped - the locks & windows have a common power source - each door but aren't dependent upon each other - That some functions work rules out power prob - - PS window not working from either door rules out switch probs - - only thing left is a relay? - - - - - Locks are about the same - Isn't pwr - is not switches -  is a polarity switching prob & points to a relay - - - Dunno - Made my own harness 4 my 89 so no help there - - If worse comes to worse it won't be hard to make your stuff functional bypassing the factory relays

Here's a FSM 4 a 88 XJ - windows/locks schem is page 7 sec 24-27 & a-c

http://comancheclub.com/topic/11875-renix-factory-service-manual/

Shows 2 relays for locks - seems clumsy to me but might be necessary if equip wi keyless remote - - -

windows shows no relay - ignoring ever thing but DS front & PS front - can be seen how switches control motors - pwr for PS flows through lock out switch but still can/will work from DS switch

Can't see any one thing could cause PS window inop & lock prob at same time

:hmm: