Sendinf Unit?

Yesterday on my way back to work after seeing family my oil light came on halfway in. Stopped and checked. Had oil but was dirty. Added oil to top off and then watched it as I kept pushing home. Drove about 80 interstate miles. Oil light would be off after a stop but come on shortly after startup this morning. Changed oil and same thing happens. Feeling like this is not a pump issue at this point. Could this be the sending unit? Is there something else to check?

Yesterday on my way back to work after seeing family my oil light came on halfway in. Stopped and checked. Had oil but was dirty. Added oil to top off and then watched it as I kept pushing home. Drove about 80 interstate miles. Oil light would be off after a stop but come on shortly after startup this morning. Changed oil and same thing happens. Feeling like this is not a pump issue at this point. Could this be the sending unit? Is there something else to check?

Changed the oil yesterday after work, boy it was bad. The PO must have not changed it in a while. I have been meaning to get it done but had found other stuff to take care of and it's been a little cold to do it myself till yesterday. The light is now off at starup and then will come on after about 10 minutes of driving. I'm thinking that the oil got past the point of no return and was too dirty to keep pressure. There might still be some gunk in there from the oil being so bad. I'm thinking that I need to run a seafoam treatment and change again to see what comes out.  

Went with my gut and changed out the Sending Unit this evening. Goodbye oil light. I'll drop the oil again after a few more miles with the seafoam in it. I have to say after my 97 explorer having something this simple to work on has been a joy. Compared to that thing this is so much more straightforward.