pic request 31"s no lift

i made the mistake of doing that when I bought my 1st Cherokee years ago.. the tires would rub on the lower control arm like crazy and the rear wheel well would punch the tire on any articulation... so obviously the trimming in the well would be needed along with the fenders, just my 2 cents ;)

My MJ had 31's when my dad bought it, the front tires rubbed when turned and the rear tires would rub the inner fender on the bed when simply going into and out of parking lots that had steep drives. You can probably run them but use a wheel with less back spacing or use spacers for moving the wheels further out and consider using a 2" econo lift if the wheels or spacers don't cure the rubbing problem.

akamcbird, tires will rub w/stock fenders & without proper backspacing will rub on lwr. c/arms. As mentioned econo lift of 2" will keep tires from scrubbing fenders, but, will still rub c/arms. I used torch to heat & roll the lwr. "U" bend on c/arm in on itself. this was a temp. 'till I upgraded to new lwr. c/arms. Kept tires from tearing up.

mjcanoe