outside lighting questions

on of the last things i have to do before i can get my manche inspected is make all the outside lights work, the ones that don't work are the pass side side marker, the right blinker (that one looks smashed so it probably needs a new bulb) and the rear running lights.

any suggestions on where to start?

The front left side marker, i took the right side bulb, the one that worked, and put it in the left socket, still no light. any ideas?

rear lights, i put new bulbs in them and they still didnt work, don't think its the ground as all the other lights in the rear work and they all ground to the same place. is it a situation where if one side goes out both will? if so thats dumb and i don't think thats the case.

also, the right blinker works correctly but the left (posibly busted bulb one) clicks once and then stays on (this is judging by the lights on the gauge cluster.) hopefully this will correct its self once i replace the blinker bulb, or do i need a new flasher thingy?

any: "do this now and it will fix your problem" or "this happened to me, do this" will be a great help :bowdown:

any: "it may be this" and "try starting with this" would also be a great help, just not as much as the listed above jamminz.gif

any: "that sucks" or "ha ha, ha ha ha" that would not be too great of help :roll:

any: "dude same thing is happening to me" i feel your pain, and lets nip this thing in the but together! :cheers:

sorry for the rambeling, I'm tired, and a little cold, brain gets wierd. :redX:

Jonathan

Oh Boy....looking for a easy answer :rotfl2:

It a Jeep thing :headpop:

Front - bad wiring connector, trace down the wires to the bottom marker/turn light. Could be a bad socket also.

The rear - the famous connector, on the left frame rail, foot in from the bumper, start there. the rear lite harness has crimped connector jumping up to each lite, could be corrode, just tear the whole harness out, start on one end, and replace all of the crimps, and you should find corroded wires in there.

Also, the standard flasher unit will read a bad bulb and keep the dash turn indicator on, Eagle has told me why, but I forget? change in voltage drop? So just change out the flasher for a heavy duty flasher unit.

A big help for you would to have a test light, and a multi volt reader to trace down the circuts, saves time switching bulbs around. And I'm sure you checked all of the fuses.

And, all of your "any" - Yup, been there - done that :roll:

lostissue, As mentioned, you probably have bad t/s socket in r/f. they are standard 1157 bulb sockets & are available A/M in part stores. Rear lamp issue really needs test lamp for you to check power before you start tearing things apart. Use a good ground, sometimes sockets become so rusty that bulb loses ground. You can, with lamps OFF!! use a plumbing pipe cleaner (wire brush) 1/2 to 3/4 " to clean socket. Must have test lamp to properly diagnos. If you have test lamp & even just a 16 penny nail, you can then test ground & power @ same time using the socket & socket terminals.

mjcanoe