Carpet Color 1988 Jeep Comanche

Well, unfortunately, I am in the 10th month of a 5 month restoration. :hmm: The MJ is not back yet.

The carpet is not in yet.  The color is a perfect match.  However, it needs to be trimmed to size and needs the various openning cut (trans and t-case, seat bracket posts, etc.)

The ebay link had a higher price then Stock Interiors.  Do some due diligence on pricing and additional options.  My 2 cents.

I ordered bulk carpet and pad from stock interiors for the manche. I got the doeskin color which is slightly lighter than the rear MJ B pillar panels but almost matches perfectly to the 93 xj trim pieces. I've still got to get at it with a heat gun to warm up the carpet backing so it can be molded into shape. If you look on their website you can order 5-6 carpet samples if you're unsure of the color so you can compare it to the trim and interior and they ship it to you for free best of all.

• 9 years later...
On 10/2/2013 at 7:37 AM, 87MJTIM said:

I got my carpet from www.stockinteriors.com

Mine is the brown/tan interior, also.  The color for the carpet is "buckskin."

I’m currently restoring a 1987 SporTruck with the tan interior and I am having trouble finding the correct carpet color. Unfortunately, when I bought my truck, there wasn’t a carpet, so I am unable to correctly color match it. You mentioned that you bought yours from www.stockinteriors.com in the buckskin color. I was just wondering if you had any photos of your interior so I can have an idea of how this looks and compare to my own interior before I make any purchases? From what I understand, there was only one color of tan for my year, but i’m not entirely sure. 

I found the picture of the installation.

There were two shades of "tan" in 87.  One was a lighter shade and the other was darker (the name was Honey).  Mine is the honey.

Carpet passenger side.JPG

carpet drivers side.JPG

Thank you. That’s the buckskin carpet? Looks quite different from the website but seems to match really well. I’m not sure if I have the tan or the honey. Here’s a photo of my interior. Are you able to tell? Based on your photo, my guess would be honey but i’m not quite sure. Regardless, I am repainting most of my interior trim with SEM camel as recommended by another forum as that color is supposedly close to the 1987 tan (or maybe honey?)

D8B38ECF-DB31-4B10-AE21-84FD1FD62B1D.jpeg

Yes, it was Buckskin color.

Yours looks like it is very faded or a combo of the two shades of tan.  The lighter shade is closer to gray. The darker shade is closer to bronwish/orange,