awaiting lift

jackel18

so i finally decided on a lift for my '92.

-Rusty's 4" leaf packs

-Rough country 4.5" kit

i am also looking into getting an adjustable track bar, and some sway-bar disco's.

as far as i can tell, the RC lift is pretty complete, and if i get the track bar and disco's i should be doing pretty good.

now....is there any thing i am missing??

oh yea..... u bolts, where do i get a good set??

and one last thing...not sure what size tire i'm gonna run yet, this is my DD and a mild wheeler, i was thinking 31's(at's) anyone got a pic of 4.5" and 31's??

Thanks,

Rich

4.75" on front (3" coils 1.75" spacers) with 31x10.5 XTerrains on 15x8s with 3.75" of backspacing.

Don't have a good side shot at hand right now, but they're a hair small. I'll be running 33s soon and am only swapping to 5" coils.

For the track bar, I recomend the JKS or better yet the improvement on JKS...the KEVENS track bar conversion. :bowdown:

For the dis os I again recomend the JKS Quicker discos.

You can get the U bolts a number of places as well as locally to you at a shop that makes leaf springs. What rear axle do you have? There are different sizes for different axles.

CW

For the track bar, I recomend the JKS or better yet the improvement on JKS...the KEVENS track bar conversion. :bowdown:

For the dis os I again recomend the JKS Quicker discos.

You can get the U bolts a number of places as well as locally to you at a shop that makes leaf springs. What rear axle do you have? There are different sizes for different axles.

CW

i have a d35 right now but should be swapping for a 8.25 when i lift her.

4.75" on front (3" coils 1.75" spacers) with 31x10.5 XTerrains on 15x8s with 3.75" of backspacing.

Don't have a good side shot at hand right now, but they're a hair small. I'll be running 33s soon and am only swapping to 5" coils.

why so much lift for 33's?

I can understand if you don't want to cut it up, it looks nice.

but I've been running 34's on 3" of lift with those same wheels, I love the low CG. But I also cut up the fenders pretty aggressively.

why so much lift for 33's?

I can understand if you don't want to cut it up, it looks nice.

but I've been running 34's on 3" of lift with those same wheels, I love the low CG. But I also cut up the fenders pretty aggressively.

I'm very comfortable with the CoG even on 31s at this lift height, and will be adding the .25" for asthetics only to match the 4" Rusty's springs I'll be getting for the rear. I wheel this truck as hard as possible, but still have to drive the lady around in it, and she's hard to please.

if your swapping in a 8.25 then why waste the money on rustys leaf packs. just go SOA and you get the same amount of lift for less, because either way you go you still need spring perches welded on to the axle.

i just bought tnt customs u bolt eliminators for my xj, they are 1/4 steel and use all grade 8 hardware. definatly the way to go imo. then nothin hangs below the axle.

what can I say, I just like being low.

it makes me feel more comfortable in the off camber situations.

Now that it's up at 4" in the front, I think that's as high as I'll go. I'd like to 3 link the front though, just to get some ridiculous flex, and get rid of the skyjacker 3"+1" spacer and go with some 3.5" springs.