Tj Shocks on a Mj

Any way to make TJ shocks work on an MJ? I know the fronts will work and probably be just about the right lengths. What about the rear? If I press out the bar pin, will the eye to eye be even close? No lift on the Mj, going to be running 4wd leaf springs. I read that XJ shocks are too short, but not sure of TJ shocks are longer or not.

I got a set of TJ shocks for free coming to be later on next week and I bought a set of crapmatic Monroes today to put on when I do my axle swap this weekend. Just thinking of taking the monroes back and saving myself 100 bucks.

I'm running some crappy Skyjacker Hydros that I had on my Rubicon before I went to the long arm kit. They are for a 2.5" lift.

I think they might be a little short in the rear, but the front seems just fine after I put in a 2" spacer.

After reading the post "OME shocks on a MJ" it looks like the standard TJ rear shocks are going to be way short for an MJ. Looks like I might keep the gasmatics just to have a matching set of shocks, might help the ride, might not ... really doesn't matter I guess on the truck.

I'm going OME long travels up front. Got a quote from DPG Offroad, pricey, but I don't plan on buying shocks again for a while.

The rear is a whole nother matter.

Anyone got a book of monroe or gabriel shock lengths?

My skyjackers are severly limiting my droop back there, and since I plan on going SOA in the fall it doesn't make good sense to buy expensive shocks so I can pitch them.

Anyone got a book of monroe or gabriel shock lengths?

I keep telling you guys, it's all on Monroe's web site. Now ... bookmark the following:

http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/oc ... ppinfo.asp

You're looking for a shock with upper and lower mounts that are type L1. For a stock MJ, according to the Monroe listing the compressed length is 12.00" and the extended length is 19.00"

XP12 mounts are cross-pins, a la Cherokee, so you can also pick shocks with XP12 mounts and remove the cross pins.

Take it from there.

As Eagle said, look it up.

I printed out the Gabriel book once... Took awhile to figure out close length shocks for an XJ with a lift.

I'm pretty sure that the interesting thing was TJ front shocks being 1/2" shorter than stock XJ shocks. Of course, that was awhile ago, but it stood out a bit.

I swear I was on monroes site, and couldn't get anything but the one that asks you what your vehicle is, and that's obviously not gonna work.

Thanks for the link Eagle.

I'm guessing I need abou 15" compressed, and the longest I can get extended.