Tranny Not Shiftin

me and my dad hooked everything up yesterday after finally gettin the plastic peice to go on the end of the clutch slave sylinder rod, as far as we know everything is right, i charged the battery up all the way again last and i went to start my truck today, it starts but i can not put my truck in any gear, the clutch peddle is able to be depressed and it comes back up just fine but i can't shift at all but when the truck is off i can press in the clutch peddle and shift, could the slave cylinder need to bleeded again or could somethin came off inside the tranny like the fork the throwout bearin sits on?

Redwolf

update: when i put the truck in gear when the engine is off if i go to start it while pressin in the clutch and it lunched forward, the only gear it'll attemp to go in is reverse and if i do i get a loud CA-PUNK, if i go into reverse slowly it grinds then i hear that noise once i'm in reverse, any ideas what's wrong?

Redwolf

Probably don't have enough pressure in the clutch line to apply pressure to the clutch. Try bleeding the clutch again to see if that works. And by the truck "lunching" forward means your clutch is still on the pressure plate. It's the same as trying to start the truck without having to push the clutch pedal in.

Probably don't have enough pressure in the clutch line to apply pressure to the clutch. Try bleeding the clutch again to see if that works. And by the truck "lunching" forward means your clutch is still on the pressure plate. It's the same as trying to start the truck without having to push the clutch pedal in.

that what i plan on tryin first, i just find it odd that before i got the plastic pivot from 4wheelparts i bled the clutch and now i gotta bleed it again, could it be due to stayin off the tranny for so long?

Redwolf

got the clutch workin again :D what happen what when me and my dad bled the clutch last time we never topped the master cylinder back off with fluid so it drew air in the system when i pressed down of the clutch pedal so air was all through the clutch cylinder lines but it's all good, better than it was before and i have a comanche again :D

Redwolf