Good news!

yj2mj

I had some wonderful news felt like I needed to share. I bought my comanche back, picked it up last night! When I sold it, I told the guy if he ever wanted to sell it, I wanted first shot at it. Well, last week he called. It is in the exact condition that I sold it in, except I got a Ramsey 8000 for it now and he got the clock and heat working! Now I got it in my head to build a stroker for it built identical to the 4.6 I've been running in my yj.

Wicked! I was tryin to remember, and weren't the 35s rubbing on it before?

To tell you the truth, I don't remember. As soon as I get a tag on it, I'll let you know. If I ever wear these 35s out, I'll probably step down to a 33 just to get back some power if I don't build the stroker.

yesss!!!! woohoo,

welcome back to one of the most BA manche-builders ever.

i still love your jeep. :popcorn: :cheers: image_209027.gif

Thanks for the props! Ever since Jeepspeed legalized MJs, I've been dying to make this thing a racer. Then the reality of living on the east coast sets in. So I guess I'll keep with the plan for the mild wheeler/ camping rig.

Here's a link to the build up for those who haven't seen it. I need to post some better pics when I get messing with it again.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=649&highlight=

D@mn, I just realized I got one vote to burn it to the ground. Guess you can't build to suit everyones tastes. :roll:

i saw that and was like... :nuts:

you ever hit up tellico in that thing?

i think my brother and i are (actually) going to cherokee crawl in july. its a NAXJA event.

do you have a wright up of how you bobbed the bed? if not do you have or would you mind taking some pics of the rear? i have a LB and would love to bob the bed to gain some departure angle i just don't realy know how to go about doing it. where did you cut it? it looks absolutly perfect like it was never cut. when you wheel do you ever sit it down on the rear springs? does it hurt anything to wack them? it just looks like they will be the first to get hit and i was wondering if that recieves any damage or do they just take it?

i remember seeing the truck a while back on here and realy like it, very clean.

any reply would be awsome,

Jonathan

D@mn, I just realized I got one vote to burn it to the ground. Guess you can't build to suit everyones tastes. :roll:

i saw that and was like... :nuts:

you ever hit up tellico in that thing?

i think my brother and i are (actually) going to cherokee crawl in july. its a NAXJA event.

I'm leaving in a couple of hours to head to Tellico, but I'm taking the yj.

I've wheeled the mj at Mt. City and some private land that my club has access to called Devils' Playground, so far.

do you have a wright up of how you bobbed the bed? if not do you have or would you mind taking some pics of the rear? i have a LB and would love to bob the bed to gain some departure angle i just don't realy know how to go about doing it. where did you cut it? it looks absolutly perfect like it was never cut. when you wheel do you ever sit it down on the rear springs? does it hurt anything to wack them? it just looks like they will be the first to get hit and i was wondering if that recieves any damage or do they just take it?

i remember seeing the truck a while back on here and realy like it, very clean.

any reply would be awsome,

Jonathan

The bed is bobbed 15". I didn't take any pics of the bobbing or do a writeup. I cut it a few inches in front of the taillight, measured 15" farther forward and cut again. I'm no body man by any means, but a good friend of mine doesn't mind it. So once I had it welded back on, hit hammered the weld down to create a low spot at the seam, and bondoed it smooth.

I don't get to crazy wheeling this, but I have sat it on the springs. It hasn't hurt anything. I would be cautious if I ever have the shackle against something and need to back up. That is the only situation I can think of that could damage/ bend a spring.