Mj Farm Truck

Bornindesert

Dug out this pic from 2001. The MJ was a money maker and general use farm truck for almost 10 years before being semi retired and moved to Arizona.

In the pic is typical load of Alfalfa Hay that I cut, bailed and loaded for customer delivery or auction. The MJ and trailer delivered over 200 loads of hay averaging around 2,700 lbs plus trailer. Awesome setup as many deliveries were to Amish farms with tight barn yards and slippery Indiana mud. This truck in 4wd low could back up anywhere with the load of hay behind it.

Truck originally re-manufactured by my Jeep mechanic friends in NJ, as well as the single axle trailer that they fabbed up from steel salvaged at a junk yard in Rahway. Many thanks to my friends Jimmy and Buddy for introducing me to the world of MJs.

My son used to ride shotgun in his booster seat heading out to County Line Hay Auction, now he'll be driving it in Arizona when he turns 16 later this year. Glad I hung on to the truck, it would be hard to replace for sure.

And yeah that's a 1948 Ford 8N with a NH256 dolly rake just to the left of the hay trailer. I re-built that machine at the same shop that produced the MJ in the pic, before I moved to Indiana.

This truck could work hard and bring home the money, and in totally stock configuration!

uha6y9a2.jpg

Cheers,

George

Here my 92 with a load of old hedge posts on the farm. While not real remarkable, I did have to use my high lift jack to pull the posts out of the ground. That was a lot of work compared to the John Deere loader I was accustomed to using!

Here my 92 with a load of old hedge posts on the farm. While not real remarkable, I did have to use my high lift jack to pull the posts out of the ground. That was a lot of work compared to the John Deere loader I was accustomed to using!

Oh yeah...loader and chain always easier than jack and back!

All those posts and hardly any squat on your 92's back springs. Your long bed has a strong back !! Looks very stock too...