2.5 Ho/4.0 Ho Dash Harness

I am striving to get one of my 91's driving. Follow the link in my signature for more information. One is a 2.5L HO (with engine harness chewed through) and the other is a 4.0L HO (3' section of frame rotted away, on one side). My goal is to build one running truck with a 4.0L HO. Both trucks are HO and have the Chrysler fuel injection system.

My question is, will the 4.0L HO engine bay wiring harness mate up to the 2.5L HO dash harness? The plugs at the firewall are the same shape/size, but I am unable to find plug pin outs for the harnesses in the FSM to confirm. I do realize the 2.5 tach might not work correctly with the 4.0.

I am trying to see if I can avoid swapping the dash/dash harness in the 2.5L truck that will hopefully be running a 4.0 soon.

Thanks!

Are you referring to the firewall bulkhead connector? If so, the pin outs are shown on Wiring Diagrams 101 & 102 in the 91 Electrical FSM (pgs. 8W-252 & 8W-253).

Yes, the firewall bulkhead is the plug I am referencing.

I must have a defunct digital version of the FSM as those pages are not in there.

Considering that the MPFI conversion kit Jeep used to sell for the 4.2L carbureted Wranglers was nothing but the engine room harness from a '94 4.0L with MPFI, my guess would be that the dash harness is going to be okay. Why would they make two different dash harnesses for the same vehicle?

The tach should have a potentiometer on the back to adjust between 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder.

Considering that the MPFI conversion kit Jeep used to sell for the 4.2L carbureted Wranglers was nothing but the engine room harness from a '94 4.0L with MPFI, my guess would be that the dash harness is going to be okay. Why would they make two different dash harnesses for the same vehicle?

This was my thought as well. 

On the way Brett. I didn't see any 2.5L or 4.0-specific pin outs. There are XJ-MJ diffs of course. BTW, the 91 bulkhead connector is a one-of a-kind HO animal and was changed completely in 1992.

Thanks Don! The images where clear as day :) I immediately noticed a difference in the bulkhead connector assembly, in comparison to my '92, when I started pulling the first one apart.