Turn Signal/socket?

i have been having a problem with my parking light below the headlight. the bulb looked fine so i got a new socket. when i put the new socket in, the parking light worked bu not the blinker(works manually but not with the headlights on) the light on the guages also comes on but no blinking. so i searched this site and found the correct part number and purchased it and hooked it up. same problem tho (first one was amc/chevy. not sure about the other but is is doorman). has anyone had this problem and a solution? left side works fine. I'm thinking about putting my stock right side in and cutting the 'running' wire on the other side. opinions? thanks for any input

Had a similar problem. Turns out my socket was bad amongst other things. There is a connector for the frot lights right behind the drivers side headlight. Its rectangular with a bunch of pins in it. Clean it out and then coat it with dieelectric grease and plug it back together. It might help, thats what i did just because mine was nasty, but my socket was bad anyway.

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.

Revised 07/23/2012