Ba 10 Fluid Type

ok so after a good bit of research i still can't get a answer my ba 10 and a buddies hates the 1 to 2nd shift when cold causing us to nearly come to a stop to get it to go into gear i have put 75/90 in mine and it didnt help i have read ony a few forms people saying to run 10/40 but no one has ever said if they have done this for sure or not so I'm just wanting to get some input from people i trust and have used it before i do it also i am broke so redline is out of the question

Mine loves one bottle of Lucas transmission fix and the remanider synthetic gear oil. I wasn't a believer of the rebuild in a bottle, but I gave it a shot and I can testify that it works! 225000km, on the original transmission, 33" tires on it more than half it's life.

I used Pennzoil Syncromesh...in my Peugot. Very smooth upshift and downshift. The PO had apparently been using some kind of oily swamp slime, with added chunks of goop...didn't look like he'd ever changed it.

Since there is no type of, or provision for a filter, any cooling or any recirculation of lube it's very important to keep it changed on a regular basis IMHO. I changed mine out annually (and I only drove it about 5K miles a year, if that). Running an AW4 now.

I used to have the same problem with my pukies. If it was cold enough to where double clutching wouldn't do the trick, I just ran it up a bit higher in 1st, then went to 3rd. It dogged a bit, but wasted less time than dealing with 2nd.

what weight gear oil?

75W90, I use Motul Gear 300 cause I work at a bike shop and we carry it. It's GL-4 and GL-5 rated, the gear oil that's just GL-5 seemed to bee a bit notchy feeling in the shifter. I have always been tempted to use 2 stroke trans oil, my wifes Civic is gonna get it when I get around to changing it.