Rustys 3" Kit

I'm about to order it but I had a question first. I already have 2" shackles in the rear and a 2" spacers up front. My question is, if I combine the 2" lift I already have with the 3" kit, will i need new upper and lower control arms? Will the rustys shocks accommodate for the extra 2", if i need New arms, will wj arms work?

Will the combo actually get me 5" of lift? I plan on running 33" tires with the lift.

You will want adjustable arms or drop brackets and the shocks will be too short.

5" on stock arms will ride rough and won't flex very well. Also with stock arms the tires will sit too far back and 33s will rub the back side of the fender without trimming.

Rusty's adj arms are inexpensive, however their shipping usually makes it so expensive you could get better parts else where. Check out JKS through 4wd.com they give us a discount and will usually give better prices over the phone or through a quote.

Like mnkyboy wrote you will need an adj track bar, different shocks front and rear, at 5" you'll need new brake lines, sway bar links that are longer or adjustable.

I think I'd actually try the control arm drop brackets from rocky road if I were to do mine over again (some people say they have horrible customer service). I'm currently at 4.5" with a rusty's adj track bar, jks quick disconnects, jks upper arms, rusty's lower adj arms, rusty's hd 3" springs, jks acos adj spacers. with this setup you can definitely tell it's a rough ride vs stock, based on the information on rocky's site it makes sense. http://www.rocky-road.com/xjcad.html

If you have some fab skills you can buy the RC drop brackets for an XJ. The brackets will fit but the braces won't, some people remove the MJs added reinforcement which allows them to fit like they would on an XJ.

Personally I don't like thier braces so I would use the brackets and make new braces that extend to the cross member. The RC brackets are cheaper and you don't have to deal with RRO.

Or you could always do like I did and just make a set of brackets, its time consuming but not terribly difficult if you have some fab skills.