Frame Repair Xj

Anyone have any frame repair pics ideas etc this is on a XJ since the MJ is close I thought I would post here. My XJ under the door on the drivers side is really bad on the inside and bottom the outside of the channel is still ok. I was thinking of having a local steel fab shop make a whole channel that would just slip over the bad section since its on a straight area about 2' I think I could go 3' to get some good metal to weld to.

I was thinking a complete "U" But since these come in pairs I should be able to weld both halfs on one side to make the "u". I like the fact these have the angles and go up into the wheel wells. These will most likely be on the list if my local fab shop can't come up with something.

If you plan on putting a U on there then you can cut that pinch seem off. Make sure you cut all the rusted area out, clean up the frame real well and seal it then weld the new piece over top with stitch welds around the perimeter and rosette welds along the sides.

I think may try it I am really new to welding but do have the equipment and a friend that can weld better than I he has a week off after Christmas. Cutting the seam off is a good idea I may get under it this week and start grinding cutting get some measurements and get to the fab shop. I have nothing to lose a good friend of mine will inspect it no problem as long as its fixed. The steel shop I use is pretty cheap not sure what thickness steel any ideas? I just put about $600.00 in this and never noticed the frame. Hoping to get another year out of it or find a rust free high mile cheap XJ next summer to put the drive line in.