High Idle Problems

tps can't go above .55volts and i need .83 even the new tps can't get above .55 its like i need to turn it counterclockwise more but it won't go anymore. the mj stalled today tho and i couldn't get her to start again i have to get a ride to work now but I'm gonna test the cps tomorrow....also the other day i tightened all the manifold bolts but i guess i missed one and i saw it on the ground when i pulled away so i found where it was missing and got it in however the idle is ok at start up and i noticed that if i pull on the throttle cable at all and return it to its position then the idle is 1600 or more

i guess you could say I'm frustrated right now..

Cruiser’s Renix Throttle Body Butterfly Adjustment

Okay. Let's start from scratch. First off, that's not an idle adjustment screw. It's a throttle butterfly stop screw. It's purpose is to allow the butterfly to be as close to completely closed as it can be without binding or wearing into the throttle body. It was never intended to be adjusted in the field. But, Uncle Bob didn’t know that, did he?

Engine off. Back off the butterfly stop screw with a 3/32” allen wrench until the butterfly is completely closed. Now. turn the screw in until the FAINTEST movement of the butterfly opening is detected. This can be done more easily with the throttle body removed. If you remove the throttle body, be sure to replace the gasket underneath it after thoroughly cleaning the old one off.

Revised 07/07/2012

ok so had to check the no start issue of course before doing tps so i checked the cps and i don't know how to explain what happened but basically the cps looks good but the female connector and all the wires coming out of it are just gone, just gone! just some bizarre thing i guess i don't if it got yanked out somehow or what happened but ill buy a cps tomorrow so it can be replaced.

ya the screw was way in. the butterfly valve linkage didn't even touch the screw when it was closed, it was rubbing up on the throttle body. haha

So you set it according to the write-up? I wonder if anyone turned the Torx air bleed screw on the driver's side of the TB. Is your exposed or does it have the plug over it?

i turned the torx air head screw all the way clockwise and the idle is quieter but not really a change in rpm's which are still good at steady 1000. so much quieter that i can really hear my failed catalytic converter...btw i've noticed that after i drive around my idle as stoplights is still 1500 rpm now haven't driven since i turned the torx air head screw though