Holy Missing Bolts Batman!

I have seen it all now....

Trying to track down a persistent squeak in the truck, so I have jacked it up several times and sprayed everything I could find that might possible squeak under the truck. I finally decide it must be coming from the body bushings so I grab the spray can on more time. When I get to the front of the bed mounts I find that the nut is missing. I rummage through my fastener bin and find one and tighten it up. I'm thinking finally I found the reason for the squeak.

Anxious to test drive I don't even get out of the drive way and I know that wasn't the cause. I'm bummed...

I pull the truck back into the shop and jack it up again. I crawl back under to spray the remaining bed bushings that in my haste I didn't lube, and I see that every bolt and every nut meant to hold the bed on the frame is missing. WTF!

Best I can figure is when the PO pulled the bed to repaint the truck, they never reinstalled the bolts. I'm really not sure how the bed stayed on knowing that this truck has had several thousand miles put on it after it was painted many years ago.

Now for the tech...

Where is the headlight delay module located? I know it is an option, but I'm troubleshooting an electrical problem and my fuse block is messed up where that fuse plugs in. I pulled the fuse, and see no apparant differences. What does that relay do?

PS. Squeaks all gone. I'm very happy! :thumbsup:

The headlight delay module plugs directly onto the headlight switch, between the switch body and the wiring harness connector.

The electrical plug that plugs onto the back of the switch got hot and partialy melted on two terminals. I did not see anything else plugged into it, so seems I do not have that option installed.

The signals work fine until the headlights are turned on. Then the right one doesn't blink. When I got the truck I remembere that there were a bunch of new buld in the glove box. Perhaps it is something simple like the wrong bulbs installed, but don't think I could get that lucky. The girl that sold it to me said there were electrical problems. I replaced a bad alternator and a bad battery and thought I was good. Went to get it inspected and failed. I never thought to turn the headights on at the same time as the signals.

Fixing the melted plug may be a challenge...

The headlight delay module is tucked up under the dash on it's own connector, and is not plugged into the headlight switch. It's the silver module hanging down in the pic below.

What you see with melted contacts is probably the headlight switch connector. It looks like the below. AIRTEX Part # 1P1190. Available at RockAuto and other places. Cut the old one out and wire splice the new one in.

1P1190.jpg

Yes. Connector is correct, but the image does not show the must have wiring pigtail.

Yes it has the pigtail, I just cropped it off when I merged the two photos. I was just interested in the connectors. That picture is the same one you posted from rockauto. I just flipped it 180° so the pins matched the diagram from the fsm for easier comparisons. I went ahead and ordered them both. Sure hope my gremlins go away... I've been driving the comanche for 4 days now without an inspection since my F250 is having 4 new ball joints installed.