Mock Up?

so ive been searching high and low for a while now looking for a 4.0 for my swap and have had no luck yet. ive been mainly looking for a RENIX just because my 'manche is an '88 and all my swapped parts came from an '88 so far. I'm curious though....how much MORE would be involved if i used this? http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/3355955223.html

are the motor mount locations different? i know wiring will be a bit different no matter what vehicle the motor comes from. how about drive shaft length since i have the shafts from another '88 with a ba10/5 (also have the pukey and 231 sittin in the garage)...i know my 231 is probably a different spline count as well but they arent hard to find. trans cross member? could i use the one from under the pukey? what all would i need to know about putting a wrangler 4.0 in an MJ?

that looks fairly clean, but without hearing the engine run, I'd say the AX15 is the only jewel of the lot. I think if you're patient you could find a complete donor for that much. Then be able to scrap the body and have a drivetrain for pennies.

Either way, if you get it, Id bring at least a compression tester and see what compression the engine has before laying down any dough.

I agree. Thats the main reason ive been looking for a full donor. plus id like to have the leisure of swapping everything over at my own rate and having everything readily available a few steps away. but...needless to say, curiosity gets the best of me when i torment myself on craigslist hoping for anything compatible..