Clutch won't Engauge

to start this off, I have already checked for leaking in the interior and eterior, and there is non. no fluid on the fuse block whatsoever. last night all oif a sudden my clutch wouldnt disengauge so I could get into the next gear (hooray for rpm shifting) now it won't even let me into any gear adn the clutch pedel goes right to the floor boards, is this a larger issue or just a clutch. (it does have 280,600 and I have no clue if it was ever replaced.

I should also ad that there is fluid in the master (the little cap right next to the brake booster?) but not sure where the full mark is.

It may not sound like it but I am mechanically inclinded, I am just learning how to work on american vehicles for the first time. I have always owned german.

Sounds like the slave cylinder going out. Had the same problem (pedal dropping to the floor) when it was on it's last leg. Do you know what transmission is on the truck? It may be an easy fix if it's got an external slave; if it's internal, you're going to have to drop the transmission to replace it. :ack:

Hmmm, I did just add some fluid to the master because after looking again (the lighting is a bit better outside now) I could see the top of something, sop I filled her up. clutch is back. but I don't see any wet fluid on the inside of the master by the pedal assembly or the ourside on the firewall.

If you added fluid, the old fluid went somewhere. It may have gone slowly

enough from internal slave to not be noticed. If adding fluid got your clutch

back, be very grateful for the graceful failure (this was my story last month).

I bit the bullet and converted to external slave, as I had been saving the parts

for more than a year, just waiting for the right reason - like the leak that just

developed (with only 92K miles).

Inside the master reservoir there is a mark (or a lump) about 1/4" below the

rim to indicate the "full" level. If you've got to drop the trans, might as well

do it all, including disc, pressure plate, and pilot bearing. Hope you have

a warm place to work on it !