Leaf Springs Options

lifted the front of the truck and now my beat stock springs arent cutting it and sits lower. don't need to go as far as SOA but i need some strength because i do haul and height to level the truck. i have some ideas but would like your guys opinions

I have the Dakota bastard pack on mine and have about 4.5 inches of lift. Its not to stiff but I can load the bed with a load of firewood and it doesnt squat too much either. It was put on by the P O but I think he said he got the info from JeepForum.com ...... but here's a pretty detailed description..... http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/Budget_Lift.htm

i got shackles on the back to give me something. my leafs are beat, 24 years will do that. getting like stock- 2 in spring would probably get me where i need to be. what ya think?

Shackles won't add any strength, and they'll make what's left of your springs get worse faster. Get thee to a junkyard and find a set of springs from an older Dakota or S10 ... one set up with the springs under the axle, like the MJ. Take those springs apart and use either the second leaf from each as an AAL or cut the eyes off the main leaves and use those. I'd start with the main leaves and, if that doesn't give you enough lift, then add another leaf on each side.

Being long leaves, tis will not make the ride significantly harsh. It's the short, stiff AAL kits that ride like ... "a truck."