Door Lock Cylinder Replacement. Any Suggestions??

ok so i am changing out my lock cylinders today. i have got to the point where the u clip is off and i can pull the lock most of the way out. but i can't seem to get the rod out of the hole very far, or disconnected from the lock itself. any suggestions?

also my DS door came with no lock, just a hole and I reached around in there and couldn't find the circular end of the rod like the other door. is there anywhere i can find this online? no JYs nearby worth a $#!&.

Just can't understand why anyone would need a door lock cylinder for.

And as for the rod, if you can't find one closer to home, i got one. Pay the freight on it an it's yours.

And as to removing the rod from the cylinder, Let it drop down into the door. Give you more room to work. It will come off just by twisting and sliding the cylinder. I've found sometimes they get cruddy and by using a steel wool pad, or similar, cleaning up the curves at the end of the rod helps.

The rod could still be attached to the door locking mechanism up by the inner handle. Find it hard to believe it just fell off. You will have to remove it to install a new one anyway. It may have fell off and is laying in the bottom of the door.

Not trying to take anything away from Jim, but if you need the door lock linkage/rod stuff, I have some spares I can part with. I'll be driving through DFW Monday on the way to Wichita Falls. I can meet you somewhere in the area and drop them to you if you want. :thumbsup:

Just can't understand why anyone would need a door lock cylinder for.

And as for the rod, if you can't find one closer to home, i got one. Pay the freight on it an it's yours.

And as to removing the rod from the cylinder, Let it drop down into the door. Give you more room to work. It will come off just by twisting and sliding the cylinder. I've found sometimes they get cruddy and by using a steel wool pad, or similar, cleaning up the curves at the end of the rod helps.

The rod could still be attached to the door locking mechanism up by the inner handle. Find it hard to believe it just fell off. You will have to remove it to install a new one anyway. It may have fell off and is laying in the bottom of the door.

Ok cool, so do I need to pry the plate off first so that it falls down into the door? And yea you might be right, I'll just have to wait till I take the panel off before I can say there is no rod or not.

Not trying to take anything away from Jim, but if you need the door lock linkage/rod stuff, I have some spares I can part with. I'll be driving through DFW Monday on the way to Wichita Falls. I can meet you somewhere in the area and drop them to you if you want. :thumbsup:

Hell yea man, if we could work something like that out it would save me on shipping for sure. Let me take off the panel on the DS door first to see if the rod is lying in the door like Jim said, and I'll let you know.

See this is as far as I have gotten on it so far, but I gotta go to work so I'm going to just shove it all back in and manually lock it from the inside. :hmm: