88 Mj Dash/interior Converted To 93 Xj Dash

Hey guys,

New to this site, i have read alot of peoples forums and tech info via google...

and i decided to join it after i purchased my first MJ. I bought it from a 4 wheel parts tech

down here in raleigh NC, i have owned 3 cherokees and know a decent bit about jeeps.

But I'm kinda stuck on this one....

This was his project truck that he did not have time for, and i was really interested in getting a manche and totally starting a project with it.

-88' manche it WAS 4cyl 2wd,

-now converted to a 93' XJ inline 6, trans and TC,

and wiring harness, and he also started to swap the dashboard in..

I am lost on how to get this dash board properly working, and connecting all these senors and connectors. i know that everything will not fit right in, but i would like to atleast get it to where i can move the MJ around the farm and see how the running condition is.

Any info, please help!

Thanks,

Travis

This was his project truck that he did not have time for, and i was really interested in getting a manche and totally starting a project with it.

-88' manche it WAS 4cyl 2wd,

-now converted to a 93' XJ inline 6, trans and TC,

and wiring harness, and he also started to swap the dashboard in..

I am lost on how to get this dash board properly working, and connecting all these senors and connectors. i know that everything will not fit right in, but i would like to atleast get it to where i can move the MJ around the farm and see how the running condition is.

Why would you say that you know everything will not fit right in? It should -- you'll have the engine, dashboard and wiring harness all from the same donor vehicle, so why would everything NOT fit right in? The only real issue is going to be mating up the front harness from the XJ to the taillight wiring in the MJ.

How far did he get swapping in the dahboard? I'm not 100 percent certain about the HO vintage, but with the ECU mounted under the hood, I would think it should run even if you don't have a dashboard.

Why would you say that you know everything will not fit right in? It should -- you'll have the engine, dashboard and wiring harness all from the same donor vehicle, so why would everything NOT fit right in? The only real issue is going to be mating up the front harness from the XJ to the taillight wiring in the MJ.

How far did he get swapping in the dahboard? I'm not 100 percent certain about the HO vintage, but with the ECU mounted under the hood, I would think it should run even if you don't have a dashboard.

I meant everything not fitting, as in sensor wise & not exactly bolting up right away... as far as i know of.

anyways, he got the motor/trans/TC in.. with the wiring harness. ECU, and all i have to do it connect the wiring harness to the fuse

box and plug in all the sensors THAT I CAN FIND behind the dash board. i know the wiring harness that is with the dashboard has

wires for 4 power windows, speakers and I'm assuming rear speakers along Rear window defrost.

and yes, I'm am wondering the same thing...about them tailings...

not sure what to do with that.. lol

I don't believe there are any sensors under the dashboard (but I don't have an HO vintage MJ, so I'm not certain). What would there be to sense? The sensors are all under the hood, they feed into the main harness under the hood, and there's a single connector that plugs into the back of the instrument cluster (and a smaller plug on the left of the cluster for the various secondary status lights).