Long Bed Driveshaft Question

hey guys i just recently got a 89 long bed comanche, it came as a 2wd I6 with the aw4 towing package and 44 rear, i swapped my motor tranny and transfercase with sye from my 88 cherokee chief and I'm having a huge drive shaft issue due to the sye, does anyone know of any shaft that will work for my set up or do i have to order a custom shaft or go back to the stock tcase. i got 51" yoke to yoke. i picked up a ford ranger driveshaft and it was 1/4 inch too short

and the joint were a 1/8inch to wide

Maybe someone else can chime in with exacts but when I destroyed my stock drive shaft in my '86, I was pretty much forced to go custom as I could not find a single vehicle that would fit. That being said, mine is around 54 3/4" long. I got a custom one from A1 driveshaft off their Ebay auction for my Jeep with 1350's on both ends and all Spicer parts for $197 shipped, they might make one with 1310 ends for you but you would have to ask.

As for the Ranger, those u-joints are 1330's. You can buy conversion joints (1310-1330) for about $25 a joint. I run them on my '86 (in the 1310-1350 variety) and have no doubts in them holding.

Easy. Take it to a driveline shop and have them build you one. What about the shaft that was originally on the XJ paired up with the SYE? If you still have that, take it to a driveline shop and have them re-tube it at the correct length for the MJ. I would suggest taking what you have in first, and verifying what measurements they want (yoke to yoke, lift height, etc) before you bother to measure anything yourself. Some driveline guys measure things differently than others. If you can, drive the whole truck to their shop and let them do the measuring, that way they can be 100% sure before building anything. Since you have the SYE, you can drive the truck around in front wheel drive with no problem.

I'm a big fan of having this type of work done locally rather than ordering something online because it's easy to double-check measurements and fitment and have things re-worked if it isn't just right rather than have to pay shipping to send something back to an online company.

And yes, they will have the parts to build you a CV 1310 driveline.