Dual Diaphragm Booster

Found a 96 XJ at PnP and pulled the booster. Somebody beat me to the master cylinder. Will my 88 MJ master cylinder work or do I need to buy a 96 MC? Plan on keeping my rear prop valve as I think it works. Putting shocks on todat and had to move the washer reservoir to get to the drivers side. Got a good look at my clutch MC and IT IS NOT LEAKING!

The distances in the mounting bolts i think are different. The 96 has a different push rod, extended shaft, so I assume the diaphragm would not push on the 88 master correctly as the 88 is flush with the mounting flange lips. You can pick up a new 96 after market one for about 55 with a bleeder kit.

The load sensing valve with a dual diaphragm booster may not be the best decision. I have read where peoples' vlvs have come apart with regular booster pressure due to age and condition. It just become sketchy with a 20+ year old part that has no rebuild kits, no replacement, are usually so rusty and corroded. Many people on here have removed them completely, see diy forums. Some have replaced them with manual adjusters, my personal preference.