Lost Cause! Need Headlight Help

So my headlights went out last night while driving home, i have the DDM tuning HID raptor kit with high low harness in autopal H4 housings and they've worked well but now only my high beams work when they want. If I try using my low beams they don't work at all and my dash lights flicker and you can hear the electrical current in the headlight switch. I put a new headlight switch in and it turned out the same. I checked all the fuses and unplugged my HID kit and plugged in my old bulbs with the same result. Could it be the dimmer switch on the column? Need help ASAP! I'm suppose to leave for a roadtrip tonight

The kit is plug n play and had a relay in the harness. I'm thinking it's a short or the dimmer switch on the steering column is bad.

I would guess you are correct. The headlight switch in the dash has a circuit breaker that reacts to current draw. If the new lights are run through a relay, the switch should be seeing a lot LESS current than the OEM setup, and it would be seeing the same draw for high beams or low beams.

Couldn't find any wires exposed or burnt, all the connectors looked fine and just for ghits and shiggles I tried using my low beams around 6pm last night after not driving my truck all day and they worked fine and the dash lights didnt flicker, then around 10 I went to the store and they didn't work again :facepalm:

havent been driving my truck at night but I turned on the headlights before i started my truck this evening and they were fine and the second i went to start it, BAM no headlights and more flickering so I'm gunna buy a dimmer switch when i have some extra cash and see if that makes a difference :fs1: