Spare Tire Hoist.

Since the MJ still having the stock size tires, I decided to fix the old broken and rusty hoist..

Made this temporary device to hook the wheel to the wire.

Installed the hoist, and put the spare below..did work good :)

How do the stock part look like (the part going through the wheel and connected to the wire), any pics?

When I bought my Mj a few yrs ago, the spare was still under there. The hoist still worked as well. Well after my first wheeling trip I decided it was time to move the tire. Kept getting hung on things.

I will say it looks good though.

Patrick

Nice resto job! That reminds me of when I used to drive a tow truck, got a call to pickup up an Pontiac van on the interstate. When I pulled up, two guys had the hatch opened and where sitting on the back of the van, they looked like they had been fighting, both where sweating(it was about 100 degrees that day) and dirty, looked mad and one guy had bleeding knuckles. They explained they just had a flat and couldn't get the spare out and would need towed. I looked under the van at the spare, the wheel had been beat and pryed with the lug wrench as they trying to get the metal piece to fit through the center of the wheel. The guys were almost in a rage while explaining their predicament, cursing GM for designing the spare holder. They already had the side cover off inside the cargo area, so I didn't say a word, just pulled out the tool slipped it in the hole above the bumper and started cranking, they were watching quietly until they saw the spare gently floating to the ground. Now how do they expect us to know that the owner said, still red faced? I just pointed to the jack instructions they had been sitting right next waiting for me to get there. haha I think they were both embarrassed. In the few months I spent driving a wrecker, I saw more stupidity than in the rest of my life lol.